Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
For 28 years, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions - a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We've been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we're working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn't think of going back to the old way of doing things.
Job Overview & Requirements
The Product Manager will be responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with development, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. Collaborates with the development team to drive product development in line with the three-year product roadmap. Ensure that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
For this role, you will have the opportunity to…
• Identify opportunities and develop business plans including recommended actions for emerging technology and business issues that present opportunities or threats to IDeaS.
• Identify and develop business plan for new market opportunities within the company’s distinctive competence.
• Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Network with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
• Determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel
• Define product requirements based on customer, prospect and evaluator inputs, market direction and field contribution; generate Market Requirements Document (MRD).
• Drive product development in R&D based on requirements management and product lifecycle.
• Demonstrate excellent product knowledge with external audiences, such as press, thought leaders, analysts, speaking engagements at trade shows and user groups.
• Participate heavily in the development and execution of the product vision and roadmap.
• Define user personas and use cases.
• Create executive briefing documents to drive decision-making process.
• Ensure knowledge transfer of product functionality to marketing & sales.
• Influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
• Deliver technical, fact-oriented content for pricing, positioning and collateral.
• Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• May manage OEM/Technical provider relationships.
• Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples
• Act as a leader within the company
• Identify opportunities for emerging technology and business issues that present opportunities or threats to the company.
• Identify new market opportunities within the company’s distinctive competence.
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
Do you qualify? You must have…
• 5+ years’ experience in Product Management, Marketing, Sales, Consulting or related function in the technology industry.
• Bachelor’s degree in a business Marketing, Engineering, Computer Science or quantitative field (Operations Research, Industrial Engineering or similar.)
• Ability to understand product features and describe associated customer value
• Ability to map market requirements into product features
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
• Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
• Full understanding of the product management skills; ability to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways
• Skilled in effective communication, influencing and negotiation
• Organizational skills for managing commitments, schedules, and deadlines
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Ability to work independently with little or no instructions on day-to-day work
• Ability to travel up to 20%
Preferences for this role include…
• Master’s degree in a business marketing, engineering, computer science or quantitative field (operations research, industrial engineering or similar.)
• Product management experience specific to the hospitality or travel industry at a Fortune 500 company
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.