Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
Since 1989, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions - a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We've been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we're working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn't think of going back to the old way of doing things.
The Sr. Associate Product Specialist will be responsible for supporting product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including gathering product and customer requirements and working closely with development, sales, marketing and support to support customer satisfaction goals.
• Identifies opportunities and develops business plans including recommended actions for emerging technology and business issues that present opportunities or threats to IDeaS.
• Identifies and develops business plan for new market opportunities within the company’s distinctive competence.
• Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
• Defines product requirements based on customer, prospect and evaluator inputs, market direction and field contribution; generates market requirements.
• Drives product development in R&D based on requirements management and product lifecycle.
• Demonstrates excellent product knowledge with external audiences, such as press, thought leaders, analysts, speaking engagements at trade shows and user groups.
• Participates heavily in the development and execution of the product vision and roadmap.
• Defines user personas and use cases.
• Creates executive briefing documents to drive decision-making process.
• Ensures knowledge transfer of product functionality to marketing & sales.
• Delivers technical, fact-oriented content for pricing, positioning and collateral.
• Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples
• Identifies opportunities for emerging technology and business issues that present opportunities or threats to the company.
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in a business Marketing, Engineering, Computer Science or quantitative field (Operations Research, Industrial Engineering or similar.)
• 3+ years’ experience in Product Management or related function in the software industry.
• Demonstrably strong ability to translate business requirements to analytical needs to act as the liaison between SAS analytics and software development at IDeaS.
• Ability to understand product features and describe associated customer value
• Ability to map market requirements into product features
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
• Full understanding of the product management skills; ability to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways
• Skilled in effective communication, influencing and negotiation
• Organizational skills for managing commitments, schedules, and deadlines
• Master’s degree in a business marketing, engineering, computer science or quantitative field (operations research, industrial engineering or similar.)
• Product management experience specific to the hospitality or travel industry at a Fortune 500 company.
• Experience working with data integration in a hospitality / travel context e.g. Hotel Technology Next Generation, Oracle APIs, • Oracle OXI, REST communication and other XML-based exchanges common in a hospitality and travel context.
• Work is typically performed in an office environment, using simple, easy muscular movements, involving only the handling of light materials, tools, or equipment in easy work positions, and with no special speed requirements or long stretches of exertion.
• Vision requirements for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel up to 50% depending on location
"This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements."
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.