Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
Since 1989, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions - a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We've been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we're working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn't think of going back to the old way of doing things.
Seeking a passionate, driven developer to join IDeaS’ growing team of innovative builders. The Sr. Integration Application Developer will join a team of dedicated engineers responsible for the data integration that fuels multiple products at IDeaS.
IDeaS takes pride in delivering a best-in-class client experience in everything we do. The next generation integration platform integrates dozens of platforms helping service clients across the globe. This platform serves as both a data gateway and a data lake that intakes terabytes of data per day and sends over a hundred million pricing decisions. We handle data volumes not seen in many places, and we love it.
Our integration platform services both real-time and batch-oriented integrations. It is built on top of a large shared MongoDB cluster, RabbitMQ and the Spring platform. Experience in handling large data volumes, enterprise integration patterns, and REST best practices are essential tools to help us tackle our integration needs.
• Primary role will be to lead the design and implementation of new integrations
• Drive best practices for large scale integration flows, service design, single responsibility services, and technology evaluation
• Mentor team members
• Perform code reviews and provide meaningful feedback
• Produce necessary technical documentation.
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, engineering or computer science
• 8+ years of experience in developing Java-based applications
• 5+ years of experience working on integration platforms
• Experience using dependency injection frameworks
• Previous experience working with the Agile/Scrum Methodology
• Experience working with Big Data
• Experience developing for performance and scalability
• Familiarity with data mining concepts, ETL processes
• Fluent in SQL or NoSQL with data modeling and data architecture concepts
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in using build environments using Gradle, Maven, Ant, Jenkins or similar.
• Proactive, self-directed, detail-oriented, independent worker with strong interpersonal skills
• Application security implementation using identity management systems
• Application integration technologies such as REST, Web Services, JMS
• Other technologies such as HTTP/HTTPS, FTP/SFTP
• Experience with MS SQL, MongoDB, other NoSQL databases
• Containerization: Docker / Kubernetes
• Flexibility in work hours to manage interaction with geographically distributed employees, vendors and/or partners
• Work is typically performed in an office environment, using simple, easy muscular movements, involving only the handling of light materials, tools, or equipment in easy work positions, and with no special speed requirements or long stretches of exertion.
• Vision requirements for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.