Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
Since 1989, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions - a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We've been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we're working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn't think of going back to the old way of doing things.
The AWS Application Developer will participate in the design and development of a multi-user, microservice-based, analytics-centric application using AWS technologies. System will include real-time integrations with Hotel Booking Engines, Property Management Systems, and Central Reservation Systems.
• Design and implement Java microservices for deployment to AWS
• Design and implement REST API’s to be consumed by integration partners, and develop services to consume API’s exposed by integration partners
• Perform code reviews and provide meaningful feedback
• Perform other duties, as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, engineering or computer science or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of experience developing enterprise applications using Java
• 2+ years of experience with Git or similar VCS tools
• 1+ years of experience with CI/CD using Jenkins or similar tools
• 1+ years of developing microservices using AWS tools and technologies
• 1+ years of experience with RDBMS
• 1+ years of experience developing REST API’s using AWS API Gateway
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proactive, self-directed, detail-oriented, independent worker with strong interpersonal skills
• Hospitality domain experience
• Experience working with the Agile/Scrum methodology
• Experience with data analytics
• Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience with NoSQL data stores
• Experience working with geographically distributed teams
• Experience with application security using identity management systems
• Flexibility in work hours to manage interaction with geographically distributed employees, vendors and/or partners
• Work is typically performed in an office environment, using simple, easy muscular movements, involving only the handling of light materials, tools, or equipment in easy work positions, and with no special speed requirements or long stretches of exertion.
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.