Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
Since 1989, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions - a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We've been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we're working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn't think of going back to the old way of doing things.
The Product Management Intern helps to deliver market driven offerings by defining product requirements. Collaborates with Product Management team and development team to drive product development for IDeaS products. Gathers requirements and communicates product content and knowledge to internal constituents. Supports the internal and external presence of IDeaS and our offerings.
• Support the product manager in conducting market research, competitive analysis and business analysis which anticipates future needs, exploits existing features and results in creative new products and profitable opportunities.
• Document requirements for developing and implementing Enterprise Business Applications.
• Analyze problems and detailed requirements to define the proposed solution and scope. Validates and prioritizes work items and coordinates delivery, as needed.
• Maintain knowledge of assigned business areas, their processes and systems.
• Gather and document low-level marketing requirements, use cases and stories to be consumed by internal teams (Research and Development, QA, Training, and Support) for defined product releases.
• Develop requirement specifications according to standard templates, using the language of the market and audience.
• Respond to detailed queries from internal teams regarding assigned products.
• Analyze and assess product performance and client usage for maintenance prioritization and compliance with service level agreements.
• Support the product manager and internal teams on product launch plans and support requirements.
• May manage small to medium sized assigned projects in light of department, division, and corporate priorities and goals.
• Assist in identifying and implementing departmental process improvements; shares information with other analysts and core team members.
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
• Pursuing a degree in Hospitality Management, Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or related discipline.
• Strong technology and systems comfort and knowledge
• Ability to understand product features and describe associated customer value
• Organizational skills for managing commitments, schedules, and deadlines
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Skilled in effective communication, influencing and negotiation
• Ability to work with team to map market requirements into product
• Work is typically performed in an office environment, using simple, easy muscular movements, involving only the handling of light materials, tools, or equipment in easy work positions, and with no special speed requirements or long stretches of exertion.
• Vision requirements for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.