Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
Since 1989, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions - a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We've been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we're working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn't think of going back to the old way of doing things.
Creates and maintains information products for internal and external audiences to support IDeaS revenue optimization software solutions, within the IDeaS Enablement & Engagement team.
• Organizes, designs, and develops collections of information products (online help systems, in-product guidance, job aids, visual aids, videos, etc.) to support user and client needs.
• Translates complex technical topics into concise language.
• Follows writing standards and styles, including grammar, content structure, and style guides.
• Organizes information products for order, clarity, and style.
• Develops effective visual aids, examples, and user scenarios to clarify complex topics.
• Understands technical communication principles, conventions, processes, delivery methods, and tools.
• References usage metrics to prioritize content revisions.
• Networks with product management, software development, marketing, sales, and support teams to gather information about product requirements and understand user needs.
• Follows product release cycles to determine the impact on existing information product or the need for new information products. Determines maintenance schedules.
• Gathers information and recognizes the need for additional information; asks questions to obtain it.
• Contributes to quality assurance of information products and recommends revisions to scope, format, and content.
• Communicates project status to stakeholders, project manager, and manager.
• Collaborates with Instructional Designers to deliver a holistic support experience for users.
• Writes user stories to understand user perspective.
• Creates and tracks status of project related tasks to manage workload and communicate progress.
• Tracks project contribution time to support accuracy of burn-down metrics.
• Acquires knowledge of hospitality industry lexicon appropriate to assignments.
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
• A Bachelor’s degree or higher in professional writing, communications, or a technical field.
• 5+ years of professional experience as a Technical Communicator, or 3 years of technical communications experience with 2+ years of professional experience in a hospitality field or technical domain.
• Experience with all aspects of technical communications, publishing, layout, design, and graphics.
• Working knowledge of technical communications tools and technology (including MS Office tools, Help Authoring Tools, CMS, HTML, XML, CSS, versioning platforms, and in-product guidance technologies).
• Strong technical ability and flexibility to adopt and use relevant tools and processes in the E2 team.
• Understanding of Agile processes, including writing user stories and managing tasks in an iterative environment.
• Strong writing, designing, and editing skills, knowledge of grammar.
• Ability to contribute to and incorporate style guidelines.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work as a team member on multiple concurrent projects, prioritize under pressure, work independently, and manage schedule to meet defined deadlines.
• Exhibits excellent project management, research, planning, and time management skills.
• Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
• Acts as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization.
• Able to consider potential resolutions and resolve issues.
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Experience using MadCap Flare or other XML publishing systems or online markup formats such as HTML
• Experience developing online user guidance using tools like WalkMe or Pendo
• Experience writing for an international audience
• Knowledge of hospitality and/or travel business domains
• Work is typically performed in an office environment, using simple, easy muscular movements, involving only the handling of light materials, tools, or equipment in easy work positions, and with no special speed requirements or long stretches of exertion.
• Vision requirements for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.