Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
Since 1989, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions - a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We've been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we're working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn't think of going back to the old way of doing things.
A Communications Internship at IDeaS will provide you with a broad look at both the internal and external communications at a fast-paced, grow-oriented technology organization that supports the global hospitality, travel, and entertainment industries. From day one, you will be an integral part of the communications team and given the opportunity to apply your skills to gain hands-on experience working on various projects from communications strategy to writing for our most visible communications channels. You also will have an opportunity to connect with IDeaS employees and interns globally as you collaborate and build relationships. The environment is team-oriented, fast-paced, and hands-on. We look for people who want to grow, support, think, and produce. The successful candidate must be able to work up to 20 hours during the school year with the possibility of continuing on in a 40 hours per week position during the summer. Candidates selected for an interview will be asked to provide writing samples.
• Interviews and writes articles for a weekly internal newsletter, as well as an online SharePoint intranet
• Assists in the research, planning and execution of employee engagement projects
• Creates content for social posts, video scripts, etc., in support of corporate initiatives
• Assists with creation of internal content pages on SharePoint site as needed
• Monitors and reports metrics associated with a variety of communication channels
• Researches communication and engagement best practices for a variety of projects
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
• Current student, Sophomore status (second year) or higher, majoring in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations or related degree
• Minimum 3.0 GPA required
• Interest in enhancing proven writing and editing skills
• Basic understanding and curiosity about communications principles, tools, and channels
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work on a project team
• Must have good skills in MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Experience with AP style
• Experience with SharePoint and Office 365 tools
• Ability to work effectively with leaders, as well as across cultures and time zones
• Ability to deal with ambiguity
• Strong organizational and project management skills, strong ability to multitask
• Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located at our headquarters in Bloomington, MN
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.