Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
Since 1989, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions - a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We've been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we're working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn't think of going back to the old way of doing things.
Designs, develops, and debugs software of diverse scope for new and existing products in accordance with designated development practices, timelines and quality expectations.
• Designs and develops high quality, testable and scalable software solutions within established timelines while adhering to R&D best practices and processes.
• Actively involves other project stakeholders (e.g. managers, developers, user interface and visual designers, product managers) to ensure implementation satisfies functional requirements and is consistent with established R&D standards.
• Participates in project scoping and scheduling; tracks progress of individual tasks and alerts stakeholders of issues blocking or preventing completion of task.
• Ensures quality through functional, unit and performance testing; works closely with testing by providing thorough reviews of the test plan and communicates when updates to the plan should be made to cover code changes related to enhancements, redesigns and/or bug fixes.
• Maintains accountability for the entire life cycle of the code including support for both internal and external consumers.
• In collaboration with technical writers, authors appropriate level of design and technical documentation that satisfies both internal and external consumers.
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field.
• Some experience in software development/ programming specifically in languages such as Java EE using EJB and JPA, working with Java EE Application Servers.
• Good interpersonal, documentation, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work within a team
• Work is typically performed in an office environment, using simple, easy muscular movements, involving only the handling of light materials, tools, or equipment in easy work positions, and with no special speed requirements or long stretches of exertion.
• Vision requirements for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.