Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
Since 1989, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions - a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We've been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we're working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn't think of going back to the old way of doing things.
The Account Executive is responsible for sales of IDeaS Revenue Management Solutions and Services into the hospitality industry through a direct sales approach to independent properties and defined chain accounts. This role is critical in scope and responsibility and is key to achieving company growth.
Our Account Executive can be based in the Western US, preferrably in Los Angeles, San Francisco or Las Vegas - San Diego, Denver, Phoenix or Seattle will also be considered
• Builds sales for all IDeaS revenue management solutions: software, services, and advisory offerings in the assigned territory or accounts
• Develops new business and executes strategic sales campaigns which will help grow volume, market share and profit on a value proposition basis. Identifies, qualifies and pursues growth opportunities.
• Meets and exceeds sales targets.
• Plans, develops and implements the growth strategy for the assigned IDeaS territory or accounts, identifying and addressing key marketplace needs that can benefit most from revenue optimization initiatives.
• Leads, grows and provides sales and development opportunities in current market, as well as, expands to new markets and market segments.
• Manages sales relationships through a full life cycle, including approach, negotiation, closure, contract support, and long-term relationship management.
• Prepares client proposals, contracts and order forms through Salesforce.com.
• Utilizes salesforce.com to track activities, contacts, accounts, leads and opportunities. As a result, provides online forecast reports and updates for the company.
• Implements and builds upon the strategic regional marketing and sales plan, including competitive positioning of IDeaS products and solutions in the regional market place.
• Establishes and drives growth targets across Key Performance Indicators of Profitability, Revenue Growth and Revenue Recognition. Ensures all business is executed according to current policies and guidelines and within desired profitability margins.
• Actively engages and supports a progressive and dynamic corporate culture within IDeaS. Manages annual sales business plan (quota). Monitors progress to monthly & quarterly objectives.
• Tracks and analyzes the competition, market opportunities, products and activities
• Assists in corporate lead generating activities and support of industry trade shows/events
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
• BS or BA in Business, Hospitality Management, or Information Management
• 5+ years of progressive experience as an enterprise sales professional, specifically within consultative / technical sales.
• Demonstrated success and overachievement in value proposition selling. Track record of superior sales achievements (volume, market share growth, competitive rank, awards, etc.).
• Excellent consultative and listening skills with a strong ability to communicate across a range of diverse cultures and corporate levels, including Executive Management (C-Level) teams.
• Ability to communicate complex issues in writing and verbally to users, business and technical persona.
• Superior analytical skills balanced by an ability to navigate the larger strategic picture.
• Excellent organizational skills coupled with the ability to manage multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities, and IDeaS internal teams to develop and deliver solutions to prospect requirements.
• Strong business acumen, combined with the ability to translate complex business problems into workable solutions. This includes knowledge about how businesses work, business trends and the implications to their business, strong competitive knowledge, and how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
• Ability to manage change and use creative alternatives to solve problems.
• Ability to understand hospitality industry and hotel infrastructure, the technology within hotels, and interfaces with IDeaS
• Fluency in reading, writing and communicating in English
• Revenue management experience (yielding) -- sales, pricing and distribution
• International work experience
• Spanish language fluency
• Work is typically performed in an office environment, using simple, easy muscular movements, involving only the handling of light materials, tools, or equipment in easy work positions, and with no special speed requirements or long stretches of exertion.
• Vision requirements for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.