Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
Since 1989, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions - a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We've been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we're working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn't think of going back to the old way of doing things.
As a member of the Sales team you will assist with initiating and nurturing mutually productive conversations with mid/senior level hotel executives to stimulate interest in IDeaS Revenue Solutions. Interns will learn about sales market research, lead generation, sales cycle stages and gain knowledge of multiple IDeaS solutions. Interns will have the opportunity to work with, and learn from, multiple members of the sales team as well as other departments, including Marketing.
• Helps qualify, follow up and disposition leads generated via Marketing Programs according to target market fit and sales readiness and ensure smooth hand-off of Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs) to Sales.
• Helps execute proactive outbound prospecting plans
• Works with the sales team to navigate prospective client’s corporate structure and identify decision makers, uncover critical business issues, research ways to stimulate interest and communicate IDeaS’ value proposition.
• Uses Salesforce.com to manage potential client prospects. Aid in CRM tasks and maintenance.
• Helps to achieve lead generation goals set by Sales and Marketing Management.
• Proactively seeks out information & research using the web, industry resources, and other vehicles to stay current on industry issues/trends and competing products.
• Is aware of and complies with all corporate policies.
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
• Entering Junior or Senior enrolled in an accredited college or university seeking an undergraduate degree in Hotel Business or Hospitality, Management program.
• Computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to give attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Ability to engage in a brief business-oriented conversation and articulate a relevant success story or value proposition through written and verbal communication.
• Ability to persuade and influence others.
• Ability to quickly establish rapport with contacts at all levels of an organization in order to navigate to the appropriate executive.
• Professional presence
• Ability to learn and think quickly and be coached.
• Member of HSMAI (Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International)
• Hotel / Hospitality experience
• Work is typically performed in an office environment, using simple, easy muscular movements, involving only the handling of light materials, tools, or equipment in easy work positions, and with no special speed requirements or long stretches of exertion.
• Vision requirements for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.