Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
Since 1989, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions - a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We've been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we're working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn't think of going back to the old way of doing things.
Our UX/UI Design Intern will assist in the redesign of our learning platform, Discover, used by our clients as well as our employees to learn about IDeaS software products. From day one, you will be an integral part of the team, with the opportunity to apply your skills to gain hands-on experience. You will have the chance to connect with IDeaS employees and interns globally as you collaborate and build relationships. The environment is team-oriented, fast-paced, and hands-on. We look for people who want to apply user-centered design methodologies and use data to justify design decisions.
• Identify better ways to use features and design enhancements to ensure audiences receive learning content in a way that makes sense to them.
• Recommend options to enhance UX for a more intuitive learning experience.
• Complete user research to validate UI approach for Discover.
• Interpret research insights to build understanding of user goals and requirements.
• Design intuitive pathways of navigation and architecture of the user experience.
• Complete usability and validity testing to confirm improvements.
• Create interactive prototypes using our LMS sandbox and other appropriate tools.
• Execute approved changes in production.
• Collaborate effectively with cross-functional team of instructional designers, technical communicators, and learning analysts.
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
• Working toward a BA/BS in UX/UI, Software Design or similar – entering junior or senior year
• Experience with website usability
• Understanding of user experience design and human computer interaction
• Awareness of learning trends and how end users consume learning
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator and InDesign
• Familiarity working with Learning Management Systems (LMS)
• Work is typically performed in an office environment, using simple, easy muscular movements, involving only the handling of light materials, tools, or equipment in easy work positions, and with no special speed requirements or long stretches of exertion
• Vision requirements for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
• Some travel may be required for this role
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.