Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
Since 1989, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions - a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We've been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we're working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn't think of going back to the old way of doing things.
The Market Development Representative is responsible for initiating, qualifying and nurturing mutually productive communication with mid/senior level hotel executives (revenue, sales and IT professionals) to stimulate interest in IDeaS Revenue Solutions. This role is focused on identifying new business opportunities in defined market segments in North and South America and driving achievement of pipeline and lead conversion goals. The primary metric for success is generating qualified leads accepted by and passed to IDeaS Account Executives (sales reps).
For this role, you will have the opportunity to…
• Qualify and disposition leads generated via Marketing Programs according to target market fit and sales readiness. Ensure hand-off of Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs) to Sales based on established criteria.
• Collaborate with marketing & inside sales to execute proactive prospecting plans in collaboration with inside sales rep, and pre and post events.
• Execute customer-centric prospecting campaigns into target client accounts identified by account management team.
• Navigate prospective client’s corporate structure to identify decision makers, uncover critical business issues, stimulate interest and appropriately communicate IDeaS’ value proposition.
• Manage a daily call volume of 40-50 dials per day within Salesforce.com, social selling (LinkedIn) and Eloqua leads.
• Create a consistent experience for prospects as relationships are developed, nurtured and maintained between IDeaS Sales and Marketing.
• Achieve lead generation goals established by Area Managing Director and Sales Managers.
• Be aware of and comply with all corporate policies.
• Maintain strong relationship with Area Marketing and Sales teams through clear communication, follow up, and participation in product demos, meetings, and projects.
• Proactively seek out information by using the web, industry resources, and other vehicles to stay current on industry issues/trends and competing products.
• Participate in industry forums, such as, HSMAI.
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Two years of experience in solution selling, marketing, phone sales, social selling or a high-volume customer contact position.
• Specific industry-related experience (preferably in hospitality technology software solutions) is considered in combination with the above.
• Demonstrated record of successful lead generation in enterprise software or business services environment.
• Ability to engage in a business-oriented conversation and articulate a relevant success story or value proposition through written and verbal communication.
• Ability to persuade and influence others.
• Ability to quickly establish rapport with contacts in an organization in order to navigate to and/or identify the appropriate executive decision maker.
• Excellent time management and organization skills.
• Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
• Working knowledge of customer relationship management systems, Salesforce.com
• Ability to successfully and independently identify and resolve problems
• Detail oriented
• Professional presence
• Ability to learn and think quickly
• Ability to work outside normal work hours and travel occasionally
• Familiarity with hospitality technology industry
• Familiarity with pricing, decision optimization or business intelligence concepts
• Familiarity with lead conversion metrics
• Work is typically performed in an office environment, using simple, easy muscular movements, involving only the handling of light materials, tools, or equipment in easy work positions, and with no special speed requirements or long stretches of exertion.
• Vision requirements for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.