Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
Since 1989, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions - a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We've been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we're working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn't think of going back to the old way of doing things.
Our Staff Accountant – Invoicing holds primary responsibility for client invoicing and revenue recognition in a global environment. In addition, this team member will be responsible for preparing account reconciliations, analysis and reports, as well as serving as a back up to other accounting functions in critical areas.
• Prepares and sends customer invoices in accordance with the terms of the specific contract and in accordance with standard operating procedure.
• Communicates with clients (internal and external) to resolve invoicing questions and assure timely payment.
• Identifies opportunities to create efficiencies, reduce errors and strengthen internal and external stakeholder relationships
• Maintains accurate client files for both completed business and in-process activity.
• Understands and properly records revenue on client sales
• Reconciles and analyzes various GL accounts and reports as requested.
• Prepares schedules and work papers for auditors.
• Prepares various analytical reports for management as required.
• Assists with training.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
• 6+ years of professional accounting experience in a mid to large corporate environment.
• 3+ years revenue recognition experience, preferably in a SAAS company
• Ability and confidence in streamlining processes, innovative problem solving
• Exceptional organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Exceptional attention to detail with an eye for continual improvement
• Experience with multi-currency
• Proven excellence in written and verbal communication
• Ability to work independently and complete work within agreed deadlines.
• Intermediate level Salesforce experience, Salesforce Billing a plus
• Intermediate skills using Excel, MS Word, and Outlook
• Project management skills
• Creative and energetic approach to daily work as individual contributor and as an integral part of a high performing team
• Comfortable with tight deadlines and a diverse work culture.
• Work is typically performed in an office environment, using simple, easy muscular movements, involving only the handling of light materials, tools, or equipment in easy work positions, and with no special speed requirements or long stretches of exertion.
• Vision requirements for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
"This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements."
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.