Results Delivered. Careers Transformed. A job you’ll love to talk about.
At IDeaS, we share a passion for building extraordinary solutions. Since 1989, we have helped the global hospitality & travel industry maximize profitability and productivity. IDeaS Revenue Solutions - a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management software, services, and consulting to over 14,000 clients worldwide.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology Center in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia, we have a long-standing reputation for progressive industry leadership and innovation.
This position can be located in our MN office in Bloomington, or remote in other parts of the US.
Job Overview & Requirements
The Sr. Product Manager will be responsible for leading product development initiatives from planning to launch, including: gathering and prioritizing product and client requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with development, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and client satisfaction goals are met. This role collaborates with the development team to drive product development in line with the three-year product roadmap and ensure the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
For this role, you will have the opportunity to…
- Demonstrate excellent product knowledge with external audiences, such as press, thought leaders, analysts, speaking engagements at trade shows and user groups
- Participate heavily in the development and execution of the product vision and roadmap
- Define user personas and use cases
- Create executive briefing documents to drive decision-making process
- Ensure knowledge transfer of product functionality to marketing & sales
- Deliver technical, fact-oriented content for pricing, positioning and collateral
- Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Identify opportunities and develop business plans including recommended actions for emerging technology and business issues that present opportunities or threats to IDeaS
- Identify and develop business plan for new market opportunities within the company’s distinctive competence
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise
- Define product requirements based on client, prospect and evaluator inputs, market direction and field contribution; generates Market Requirements Document (MRD) or Feature definition
- Support Software Development and Quality Assurance (SDQA) teams in detailed design discussions related to how to execute on building functionality
- Support ongoing discussions with SDQA teams as development begins on an item and technical or functional requirement questions arise and acts as an ongoing liaison with key stakeholders (within or external to IDeaS) to gather information required to continue with development efforts within agreed requirements
- Drive product development in R&D based on requirements management and product lifecycle
- Manage OEM/Technical provider relationships
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Do you qualify? You must have…
- Bachelor’s degree in a business Marketing, Engineering, Computer Science or quantitative field (Operations Research, Industrial Engineering or similar.)
- 8+ years’ experience in Product Management, Marketing, Sales, Consulting or related function in the technology industry
- 5+ years’ experience working with data integration in a hospitality/ travel context e.g. Hotel Technology Next Generation, Oracle OXI, REST communication and other XML-based exchanges common in a hospitality and travel context
- 3+ years forecasting, optimization or pricing technology experience in a revenue management related technology within the hospitality, airline and/ or travel industry
- Demonstrably strong ability to translate business requirements to analytical needs to act as the liaison between SAS analytics and software development at IDeaS
- Ability to understand product features and describe associated client value
- Ability to map market requirements into product features
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Full understanding of the product management skills; ability to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways
- Skilled in effective communication, influencing and negotiation
- Organizational skills for managing commitments, schedules, and deadlines.
Preferences for this role include…
- Master’s degree in a business marketing, engineering, computer science or quantitative field (operations research, industrial engineering or similar.)
- Product management experience specific to the hospitality or travel industry at a Fortune 500 company
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.