Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork, and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
Since 1989, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions - a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We've been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation, and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support, and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia, and Asia. No matter what we're working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn't think of going back to the old way of doing things.
IDeaS Enablement & Engagement team is on a mission to create the right learning, for the right person, delivered at just the right time. There has never been a better time in the world of learning and performance for the creation of solutions that precisely target the moment of need. Our award-winning Enablement & Engagement team is driving a learning renaissance for our clients and our company, and we’re looking for passionate professionals to fuel our transformation.
Our Technical Communicator contractor will create and maintain information products for an external hospitality client, to support IDeaS revenue optimization software solutions. The contractor will work within the IDeaS Enablement & Engagement team while partnering closely with the client.
For this role, you will have the opportunity to…
• Organize, design, and develop collections of information products (online help systems, in-product guidance, job aids, visual aids, videos, etc.) to support user and client needs
• Translate complex technical topics into concise language
• Follow writing standards and styles, including grammar, content structure, and style guides
• Organize information products for order, clarity, and style
• Develop effective visual aids, examples, and user scenarios to clarify complex topics
• Work within technical communication principles, conventions, processes, delivery methods, and tools
• Reference usage metrics to prioritize content development projects
• Network with product management, software development, marketing, sales, and support teams to gather information about product requirements and understand user needs
• Follow product release cycles to determine the impact on existing information products or the need for new information products
• Gather information and recognize the need for more information; ask questions to obtain it
• Contribute to quality assurance of information products and recommend revisions to scope, format, and content
• Communicate project status to stakeholders, project manager, and manager
• Collaborate with Learning Experience Designers to deliver a holistic support experience for users
• Write user stories to develop information products that support the users’ perspective
• Create and track status of tasks to manage workload and communicate progress
• Track project contribution time to support accuracy of burn-down metrics
• Acquire knowledge of hospitality industry lexicon appropriate to assignments
Do you qualify? You must have…
• A Bachelor’s degree or higher in an area of study that includes writing, communications, or technology
• 5+ years of professional experience as a Technical Communicator or Technical Writer, or 3 years of technical communications experience with 2+ years of professional experience in a technical domain. Ideally, your experience includes creating support content for software products.
• Experience with all aspects of technical communications, publishing, layout, design, and graphics
• Working knowledge of technical communications tools and technology or strong technical ability and flexibility to adopt and use relevant tools (including MS Office tools, Help Authoring Tools like MadCap Flare, CMS, HTML, CSS, and versioning systems. Preferred candidates would have experience with in-product guidance technologies like WalkMe or Pendo.)
• Experience in hospitality project or program management, training, or software.
• Understanding of Agile processes, including writing user stories and managing tasks in an iterative environment
• Strong writing, designing, editing skills, and knowledge of grammar and style guidelines
• Ability to work as a team member on multiple concurrent projects; prioritize under pressure; work independently to research, plan, and manage projects; manage schedule to meet defined deadlines; and adhere to team processes and protocols
• Ability to act independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments, considering potential solutions, resolving issues, and working directly with subject matter experts
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products, and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.