The IDeaS Contracts Specialist drafts and administers new and existing sales-based contracts with clients. Provides guidance to Sales and Client Account teams to aid in the negotiation of contracts to ensure commercial and legal terms are accurate, manageable, and align with company finance policies.
• Coordinates the review and processing of standard contracts (80% of all sales contracts) that originate in the field including the final execution of the contract document and related placement of documents in Salesforce for reference.
• Reviews and assesses client contract documents for new services which often require non-routine contract management.
• Establishes framework for administering non-standard contracts to ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions, company policies and client expectations.
• Understands and assesses implications of legal and commercial contract terms on proper revenue recognition criteria.
• Works closely with Sales, Finance, Legal, and other internal teams in preparing 3rd party contracts related to the company’s sales activities, which includes modifying language in contracts to track company’s established business and legal policies.
• Independently analyzes unusual contractual requirements and applies knowledge of company policies and procedures to produce contract documents that meet high standards of legal protection.
• Periodically reviews and assesses vendor/supplier contract documents.
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
• 5+ years’ experience drafting, administering and negotiating contracts with a minimum of 2 years with legal supplier-side software-as-a-service(SaaS)/subscription based contracts
• Legal training (law degree/ paralegal)
• Experience processing contracts through Salesforce
• Solid understanding of basic principles of contract law
• Flexibility to meet needs and timelines of global clients operating in various time zones
• Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Ability to manage a heavy workload in a multi-task environment within specified deadlines with minimal supervision
• Highly ethical
• Salesforce.com Lightning/Contract Lifecycle Management functionality involving Conga
• Work is typically performed in an office environment, using simple, easy muscular movements, involving only the handling of light materials, tools, or equipment in easy work positions, and with no special speed requirements or long stretches of exertion.
• Vision requirements for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment
Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.