Since 1989, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions - a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We've been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation, and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia, and Asia. No matter what we're working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn't think of going back to the old way of doing things.
The Area Sales Manager- Eastern Region is responsible for management of sales strategy and leading a team of individual Account Executives.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to…
• Directly lead a team of sales Account Executives
• Evaluate, hire, onboard, train and coach Account Executives as needed
• Supervise and assist in the planning, development, and execution of a sales strategy for Account Executives within a defined territory
• Meet and exceed sales targets as defined by sales leadership
• Support sales leadership in overall sales planning of all IDeaS solutions and consulting services
• Work with Solution Engineers to ensure sales process alignment and solution design with product capabilities
• Assist in marketing, sales, and business development planning
• Communicate within greater sales team in coordination of sales strategies
• Forecast sales pipeline as needed
• Track and analyze competitive threats and sales activity to ensure market leadership positioning
• Assist/attend industry trade shows as required to support brand strengthening and lead generating activities
• Engage and support a progressive and dynamic corporate culture within IDeaS
Do you qualify? You should have…
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or applicable area of study
• Resides in a major east coast gateway city - Boston, NYC, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami are preferred
• 8+ years of experience in sales including four years in a leadership role supervising individual sales contributors - software or technology sales a plus
• Demonstrated experience in successfully achieving a sales target
• Demonstrated understanding of strategic sales techniques and principles specifically in the software industry
• Demonstrated knowledge of the lodging and travel industry including:
o Knowledge and experience in revenue management is a plus
o Knowledge of hotel systems is a plus i.e. PMS, CRS, RMS
o Knowledge of hotel distribution in a plus
• Strong leadership, supervisory, and interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office products and systems
• Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus
• Ability to travel 40%.
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.