Passionate people. Loyal clients. Leading solutions.
With a rich culture of creative collaboration and professional growth, IDeaS’ team members build successful careers with us.
IDeaS is proud to be a global powerhouse of innovation and excellence; challenge and reward. No matter where we’re working, our teams come together to create leading revenue management solutions that accelerate our clients’ growth through revenue optimization.
Now we just need you!
In this role, you would be responsible for managing the accounting affairs and contribute to the achievement of the Company’s strategic objectives. Ensures that financial transactions are in compliance with corporate policy, statutory requirements, and generally accepted accounting principles. Manages processes and projects for the Company, often across Business Units, Divisions, Legal Entities, or Geographic Regions.
What you’ll be doing...
- Establishes, controls, and implements the accounting management of the Company.
- Oversees the budget process.
- Prepares financial results, analysis, and recommendations.
- Prepares and submits timely and accurate actuals, budgets, and forecasts (i.e., 'ownership' of financial data).
- Ensures financial compliance with statutory requirements (legal and tax), corporate policy, and audit requirements, including audited financial statements and footnotes as required.
- Liaises with internal and external professional advisors to support financial compliance.
- Reviews sales and vendor contracts to ensure compliance with financial policies and proper accounting treatment under ASC 606.
- Researches and/or assesses the financial implications of business opportunities and risks.
- Oversees the development and operation of financial systems and processes, including internal controls over financial reporting.
- Coordinates accounting activities, providing guidance and recommendations to accounting teams.
- Manages capital and cash flows, including analysis of future financial performance and cash/capital adequacy.
- Conducts in-depth analysis and presents findings to management.
- Coordinates and/or participates directly in the annual external audit.
- Identifies and resolves technical accounting and operational issues.
- Prepares and/or reviews US GAAP and statutory financial data (financial statements) for designated entities, including consolidated entities (second-tier subs).
- Influences department direction and strategy and provides leadership for development and implementation of initiatives.
- Regularly interacts with executive team; interactions frequently involve special skills and accounting knowledge to influence executive leadership regarding accounting matters of significance for the organization.
- Performs other projects and transactions as required by management and business needs.
What you’ll bring to us…
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. MBA desired
- CPA certification
- Strong experience with revenue recognition under ASC606 including proper evaluation, recognition, and adoption.
- 15 + years of professional accounting experience, preferably in a large multinational corporate environment, previous audit experience desirable.
- Experience with SaaS business models.
- Breadth of knowledge across tax, audit, treasury, financial analysis & reporting, information technology, legal, business, and operational areas.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to make formal presentations to all levels of management.
- Strong software tool skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, ERP financials (i.e.Oracle, SAP), financial reporting tools, data analysis software, and data management tools.
- Ability to understand and interpret financial/performance data in a multi-currency environment, and take action accordingly.
- Ability to research complex technical issues, analyze results, and substantiate conclusions.
- Ability to review legal contracts and identify issues.
- Strong internal control knowledge for both systems and processes.
- Ability to coordinate and mange projects.
- Ability to guide various accounting functions and ensure transactions are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
We Support Who You Are….
As a global company, we strive to create an inclusive environment where diverse perspectives spark innovation and meet the challenges of an evolving world. Whether you’re launching a new career or expanding your current one, IDeaS is a company where you can balance great work with all other aspects of your life.
At IDeaS, we also aspire to live our values each day by being Accountable, Curious, Passionate and Authentic. And we continue our quest to build a more inclusive environment that attracts, represents and provides a place for diverse ideas, unique perspectives, and authentic voices.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.